Recently, I was invited by Eco Fashion Week to attend the Leo Awards Gifting Lounge at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver for the celebration of the BC Film and Television awards. A few of the attendees included Carmen Moore, Michael Eklund and host Christopher Heyerdahl.
The gifting lounge was hosted by Eco Fashion Week and presented by Value Village, so all the products featured in the lounge were either locally made and/or eco-friendly. A few other fashion brands present were Value Village, Mine & Yours, and Turnabout.
The following are some of the products that were in the gifting lounge:
(1) Milano Coffee coffee beans; (2). Smell This! Aromatherapy offered all natural made coffee scrub; (3) Coconut chips from be; (4) David’s Tea coupons; (5) Gift certificates from Black 2 Blond Salon& La Biosthetique; (6) Flower seeds from Strathcona 1890; (7) Candles from Salt Spring Island Candle Co.; (8) Hand crafted jewelry brand Hart + Stone made on Salt Spring Island;(9) All-natural Thera Wise ointments; (10) hand made natural soaps from PUKAlily; and (11) Products from Nature’s Path and Santevia.
As for my outfit, I decided to go simple and classic. I had this dress sitting in my closet and it was perfect – the chiffon material made it look dressy but I wanted to create more of an hour glass silhouette so I took the material from the back of the dress and gathered it together and tied it with a hair tie. A dress like this can be worn for graduation, a fancy event such as a wedding or red carpet event. Click the read more to find out a few tips on how get a look like this without breaking the bank.
1. Find a simple classic dress in black, white or blue with no embellishments;
2. Choose a dress that can easily be dress up or down;
3. Material is important – stick to chiffon or silk material;
4. Choose floor length (the length can be adjusted numerous ways);
5. To make your outfit dressier – pair it with a fancy clutch, evening earrings, necklace or bracelets and strappy heels.
Overall, I had a great time hanging out in the lounge and mixing and mingling with other attendees! Congratulations to all the nominees!
Aromatic coffee sugar scrub from Smell This! Aromatherapy
Santevia: mineralized alkaline water bottles (available at London Drugs), gift certificates from Mine & Yours, Value Village, & David’s Tea, Rings from From Salt Spring Island-based Hart + Stone, Goat milk soap bars from Pukalily
hera Wise vaporizing rub & acne ointmen, Rich ‘bourbon’ coffee beans from milano, be coconut chips (available at London Drugs), Strathcona 1890 Urban Seed Collections
Nature’s Path Qi’a superfood bars, Salt Spring Island Candle Co. scented candles, Luxury consignment items from Mine and Yours
Left to right: Helen Siwak of THECloset, Dominique Hanke of Hanke Style & Hive Mind Millinery, Britta from Vancouver Vogue
Photographs by Britta from Vancouver Vogue
Shop the Look